Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

To store a text in a variable (Guardar un texto en una variable)

Posted by Andrea1367 
To store a text in a variable (Guardar un texto en una variable)
May 07, 2018 04:05PM
Hola a todos
¿Es posible guardar una cadena de texto en una variable para ser usado en un USB LCD? El software sólo me permite almacenar números pero no textos. También usé el sistema de números negativos -999999 como los usados en display de 7 segmentos, pero aún así no funciona.

Hello to all
Is it possible to save a text string in a variable to be used in a USB LCD? The software only allows me to store numbers but not texts. I also used the negative number system -999999 as used in the 7-segment display, but it still does not work.
Re: To store a text in a variable (Guardar un texto en una variable)
May 24, 2018 08:13AM
No es posible. Lo que se hace es guardar el texto como mascara de pantalla en la USBLCD, y se invoca esta desde SIOC. Asi se pueden hacer muchas de las simulaciones.
May 24, 2018 04:42PM
Hello
I am trying to save a text in a variable for the USB LCD Opencockpits.
Example: L0 = "Hello World!"
and to be presented in a LCD Display (16x2) but the variables only accept digit numbers not letters.
It is possible to save letters in a variable?

Another example:
Var 0200, name aircraft, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $3D00, Length 256 // Aircraft name string
{
L0 = V0200 // Get the name of the actual aircraft
V0202 = L0 // Send the aircaft name to display
}

With this example the only thing that is presented on the 16x2 display is the representation of binary numbers corresponding to the aircraft name, but not the letters of the airplane.

Any help will do, thank you
May 28, 2018 01:12PM
In the LCD program, you can create one MASK screen assigned to one variable. You can select your Mask screen changing the number of the variable (same assigned in the screen in the LCD program).

You cannot have infinite text types, but can be used for select specific text like the used in the IRS display, or for COORDINATES, etc.

No other options available.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login